Congrats! If your reader has made it to the body of your email, your half way home! From here, you just need to continue on the conversation you’ve started…
SOME BASIC GUIDELINES
- Only use 1 call to action. This may seem like common sense, but you’ll often see people asking for more than 1 thing… Don’t ask for 10 minutes of their time & the best time to reach out. Don’t ask for them to sign up on your calendar and send more information. Don’t give them multiple links to follow in which they can schedule a demo. Just give them 1 thing to do, this keeps it easy for them.
- Be clear in what you’re asking. Again, this seems like common sense… but often people try to get fancy with their jargon, and it may come across the wrong way.
- If you’re asking for their time, name a specific date and time (range).
- If asking a question, make it open-ended, and hard to not respond.
- Reiterate your value proposition that you talked about earlier in the email.
- Don’t be afraid to use humor.
- Tell them your solution, ask them for time to demonstrate it.